Tampa Bay Lightning vs Montreal Canadiens NHL Hockey Pick and Prediction from Pucking Hockey for March 30th 2015 (3/30/15)
French Frog Dwarfs
What is it with Carey Price not being able to shut down the Tampa Bay Lightning? His 3.29 GAA against the Lightning this season is his second-worst versus any opponent behind his 4.54 in two games versus Chicago.
Even Brodeur shut down the best teams. Yet, hockey fans are touting Carey Price as the best goalie in the league and future. I don’t see it. He’s a positional only goaltender, but with his style he’s only as good as the defense in front of him.
Which explains why he can’t stop teams like the Bolts and Hawks. They are too skilled and can open up the ice forcing defensemen to go for the puck rather than the body.
Montreal Canadiens Trends and Stats
- Montreal is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Montreal’s last 7 games at home
- Montreal is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Montreal’s last 5 games when playing Tampa Bay
- Montreal is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Tampa Bay
- Montreal is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Lightning
Is this the year the Bolts make it to the 2015 Stanley Cup Finals? Last year they entered the playoffs with out Ben Bishop and were knocked out in the first round to the french frog dwarfs.
This time Ben Bishop is back and injury free. Tampa Bay has outscored Montreal 16-5 in four match-ups in 2014-15 and built an early three-goal cushion in a 4-2 home win March 16. Ben Bishop stopped 32 shots while out-dueling the Canadiens’ Carey Price for the fourth straight time, but has allowed six goals on 33 shots in the Lightning’s back-to-back losses.
Lightning star Steven Stamkos has five goals and one assist in this season’s series, but the 40-goal scorer is mired in his longest drought at four games.
Tampa Bay Lightning Trends and Stats
- Tampa Bay is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Tampa Bay is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Montreal
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games when playing Montreal
- Tampa Bay is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Montreal
NHL Starting Goalies
Tampa Bay Lightning – Ben Bishop
Bishop allowed three goals on 22 shots in the Lightning’s 4-0 loss to the Red Wings on Saturday. He has struggled, allowing six goals on 33 shots (.818 SV%) in his last two outings. Tonight will be his fifth start against the Canadiens this season—he has gone 4-0-0 with a 1.24 GAA and .946 SV% in the first four meetings.
Montreal Canadiens – Carey Price
Price gave up two goals on 23 shots in the Canadiens win over the Panthers on Saturday. Price has won three of his last four while posting a 1.23 GAA, .956 SV% and two shutouts. Tonight will be his fifth start against the Lightning this season—he is 0-3-1 with a 3.29 GAA and .906 SV% in the first four meetings.
I am sticking with the trend and backing Ben Bishop and the Bolts.
Tampa Bay Lightning +105 ($100) SMALL NHL PICK OF THE DAY
Pucking Hockey is a registered trademark company. Pucking Hockey is a registered copyright company. All Rights Reserved.