March 26th 2015 Pucking Hockey has a free NHL hockey pick and prediction tonight between the Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets (3/26/15)
Montreal Can Lock Up a Playoff Spot Tonight
With a victory tonight, Montreal can assure their post season appearance, but it will not come as easy as the odds show.
Carey Price will not be in net and when he’s not in net, all bets are off when it regards betting on Montreal to win.Dustin Tokarski will get the nod tonight. Tokarski has made 14 starts this season, with 10 of those coming on the road. He supports a 5-4-1 with a 2.36 GAA and .927 SV% away from the Bell Centre this season.
Canadiens defenseman Tom Gilbert will miss a second straight game after being hit in the mouth by the puck in Saturday’s 2-0 win over San Jose.
Montreal Canadiens Injuries
- Brian Flynn F Day-to-Day (upper body)
- Tom Gilbert D Day-to-Day (upper body)
Montreal Canadiens Trends and Stats
- Montreal is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Montreal is 14-7 SU in its last 21 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Montreal’s last 5 games when playing Winnipeg
- Montreal is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Winnipeg
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Montreal’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Winnipeg
- Montreal is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Winnipeg
- Montreal is third last in the league in power play goals with 0.4 per game.
- Montreal is the toughest team to score on in the league, allowing just 2.2 goals per game.
Winnipeg Jets, Not So Fast
Injuries have been a problem for Winnipeg as they are trying to sneak into the playoffs. They are currently sitting in the final playoff spot, but with just 2 points ahead of the surging LA Kings and the Calgary Flames, who are bouncing between their divisions and the wild card position.
This is a huge game in my opinion, and could be the game that makes or breaks the Jets, if the Kings and Flames keep rolling. Winnipeg continues to play without Bryan Little, tied with Andrew Ladd, for the team lead 24 goals, and Dustin Byfuglien, who tops all Jets defensemen with 42 points. Both could return from upper-body injuries.
Blake Wheeler has 13 points over his last 11 games for the Jets, who have won three straight at home.
Pavelec has won five straight starts while posting a 0.98 GAA, .967 SV% and one shutout. Tonight he will take on a Canadiens team who have won three of their last four, but will give Carey Price the night off.
Winnipeg Jets Injuries
- Dustin Byfuglien D Out Indefinitely (upper body)
- Ben Chiarot D Out Indefinitely (hand)
- Grant Clitsome D Out Indefinitely (upper body)
- Bryan Little F Day-to-Day (lower body)
- Mathieu Perreault F Out Indefinitely (lower body)
- Paul Postma D Out Indefinitely (lower body)
Winnipeg Jets Trends and Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Winnipeg’s last 6 games
- Winnipeg is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Winnipeg’s last 6 games at home
- Winnipeg is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Winnipeg’s last 5 games when playing Montreal
- Winnipeg is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing Montreal
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Winnipeg’s last 6 games when playing at home against Montreal
- Winnipeg is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Montreal
- Winnipeg allows the most power plays at 3.9 per game
NHL Hockey Prediction Pick
Montreal has this weird voodoo that they suck their opponent into playing their game. They trap them into playing a tight, sluggish game. Lots of dump in’s and tight fore-checking, which ultimately bleeds the clock.
Winnipeg’s a very gullible team, and always seem to be sucked into their opponents traps.
Considering Winnipeg allows the most power plays at 3.9 per game and Montreal is 3rd last in the league with power play goals, this will not affect my prediction.
Montreal does not allow a lot of shots per game and Winnipeg’s too banged up at the moment. Even if they get certain players back from injury, I can’t see them on top of their game. I still don’t see Winnipeg making it into the playoffs, and with a Canadiens victory tonight, Winnipeg’s chances will slim dramatically.
Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets UNDER 5 (risking $100 to profit $100)
Pucking Hockey is a registered trademark company. Pucking Hockey is a registered copyright company. All Rights Reserved.