Here at Pucking Hockey we have a free NHL hockey prediction and pick between the Anaheim Ducks and Boston Bruins. Thursday March 26th 2015 (3/26/15)
Boston Keeps Slipping
Since the Bruins hired Claude Julien in the 2006-2007 season, the Bruins have always made it to the Stanley Cup playoffs. This season the Bruins are in danger of missing the post season for the first time under Julien.
They have not looked like the “Big Bad Bruins” as of late, and not having David Krejci due to injury, has taken a toll on them. Tuukka Rask also is not helping them on the back-end. However, David Krejci is expected to return to the line-up tonight. Bad news, Dougie Hamilton will be out due to injury. A loss on the back-end the Bruins cannot afford at this point in the season.
Ottawa sits just 3 points behind the Bruins for the final wild card spot, and the Bruins are currently on a 5 game losing streak as where the Pesky Sens just keep rolling. Ottawa also have 2 games in hand over the Bruins.
Tuukka Rask is 1-3-0 with a 3.46 GAA in four starts against the Ducks.
Boston Bruins Injuries
- Brett Connolly F Out Indefinitely (hand)
- Simon Gagne F Out For Season (personal)
- Dougie Hamilton D Out Indefinitely (undisclosed)
- David Krejci F Out Indefinitely (lower body)
- Kevan Miller D Out Indefinitely (shoulder)
Boston Bruins Trends and Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Boston’s last 8 games
- Boston is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- Boston is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
- Boston is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Anaheim
- Boston has the fewest power play chances in the league with just 2.6 per game.
The Ducks Wings Have Been Clipped
Much like the Boston Bruins, the Anaheim Ducks are also having a stretch of bad games, and have had problems in second periods. The wing clipped Ducks, gave up 12 goals in back-to-back losses to the New York Rangers and Columbus to begin a five-game trip, leaving them at 1-4-0 in their last five road games.
Anaheim ranks 28th in the league with a minus-23 differential in the second.
Anaheim Ducks Injuries
- Korbinian Holzer D Out Indefinitely (upper body)
- Tim Jackman F Out Indefinitely (leg)
Anaheim Ducks Trends and Stats
- Anaheim is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Anaheim is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Anaheim is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Boston
NHL Starting Goalies
- Anaheim Ducks – no confirmation yet
- Boston Bruins – Tuukka Rask
Free NHL Hockey Prediction
Considering we are 0-3 this week in free NHL picks, the remainder of this weeks NHL picks are free. Here at Pucking Hockey, we typically start the week slow then clean up by the weekend, and it starts tonight.
The Ducks and Bruins need to prove to themselves they can get back on track, and the Bruins should be the more desperate team tonight. Hard for me to back the Bruins right now, but if they had at least 1 win in their past 5 games, I would be on Boston tonight.
The game total holds more value, especially at 5. I expect this to be an open game, generating speed for both teams through the neutral zone starting with simple, and easy break outs. Ton of shots, in the 30’s for both teams as well.
Anaheim Ducks vs Boston Bruins OVER 5 ($1,000) TOP NHL PICK OF THE WEEK
Pucking Hockey is a registered trademark company. Pucking Hockey is a registered copyright company. All Rights Reserved.