Monday March 23rd 2015 and here at Pucking Hockey we have a NHL hockey prediction and pick between the Colorado Avalanche and Calgary Flames.
Will Colorado Make The 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs?
I mentioned after the All-star break when the Avalanche were a handful of points out of the playoff picture, that they would make it in, I was wrong. Currently 8 points of the playoff picture, it’s unlikely they will make it to the post season. Winnipeg and Minnesota have built a solid cushion for them-selves, and the only team that has a chance that’s looking on the outside are the LA Kings.
However, Colorado does have a chance with the LA Kings going on a very crucial road trip that will either make, or break, their playoff hopes. But it starts tonight in Calgary if Colorado wants to make a serious run.
Semyon Varlamov, 6-0-1 with a 1.43 goals-against average in his last seven starts, will be in net. But he is 1-0-1 with a 2.96 GAA and .893 SV% in the first two meetings vs Calgary.
Colorado’s Injuries (and this is a big pucking list)
- Patrick Bordeleau F Out Indefinitely (knee)
- Joey Hishon F Day-to-Day (elbow)
- Erik Johnson D Out Indefinitely (knee)
- Nathan MacKinnon F Out Indefinitely (foot)
- Jamie McGinn F Out Indefinitely (back)
- Borna Rendulic F Out Indefinitely (leg)
- Ryan Wilson D Out Indefinitely (shoulder)
- Jesse Winchester F Out Indefinitely (head)
Colorado’s Trends and Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Colorado’s last 9 games
- Colorado is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- Colorado is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Colorado is 8-15 SU in its last 23 games when playing Calgary
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Colorado’s last 9 games when playing Calgary
- Colorado is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Calgary
Calgary Just Won’t Go Away
I have been very high on the Flames this season but as I have always mentioned, they need to appoint either, Hiller or Ramo, as their starting goaltender going into the playoffs. The Flames cannot keep juggling these inconsistent goaltenders in the playoffs, it will not work and never has.
However the offense has been bailing the goaltenders out.
The Flames have gone 10 for 33 on the power play over their last nine games and a number of players have been hot. Sean Monahan has 12 goals and eight assists in his last 17, while Jiri Hudler has seven and nine in his last 10. Johnny Gaudreau, whose 57 points are the most by a Calgary rookie since Sergei Makarov recorded 86 in 1989-90, has five goals and eight assists in his last 10 contests.
Monahan and Hudler scored Saturday against Columbus, but Calgary wasted a 40-26 advantage in shots and squandered two leads in a 3-2 overtime defeat.
Ramo allowed three goals on 26 shots in the Flames loss to the Blue Jackets on Saturday. Ramo has gone 4-1-1 with a 2.88 GAA and .909 SV% in seven starts this month. Tonight will be his third start against the Avalanche—he has gone 1-1-0 with a 3.00 GAA and .891 SV% in the firs two meetings.
- Paul Byron F Out Indefinitely (lower body)
- Mark Giordano D Out For Season (upper body)
- Ladislav Smid D Out Indefinitely (upper body)
Calgary’s Trends and Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Calgary’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Calgary’s last 9 games when playing Colorado
- Calgary is 15-8 SU in its last 23 games when playing Colorado
- Calgary is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against Colorado
NHL Hockey Prediction for Tonight
This is a big NHL hockey prediction of the day and if you’re interested in this BIG winner you can purchase this prediction for just $29.99 – GUARANTEED to win or else the remainder of this week’s NHL picks are FREE!
Pucking Hockey is a registered trademark company. Pucking Hockey is a registered copyright company. All Rights Reserved.