Pucking Hockey has a NHL hockey prediction tonight between the Dallas Stars and Calgary Flames for Wednesday, March 25th (3/25/15)
Dallas Having a Stellar Month Of March
However, their playoff hopes are dead and gone, they are pretty much playing for pride and their jobs for next season. They have a fairly consistent offense, however their defense is a joke, and their goaltending is not consistent enough for today’s game.
Which ultimately kept them out of the playoff race this season.
Dallas Stars Injuries
- Jamie Benn F Day-to-Day (undisclosed)
- Trevor Daley D Out Indefinitely (knee)
- Valeri Nichushkin F Out Indefinitely (hip)
- Rich Peverley F Out Indefinitely (heart)
Dallas Stars Trends and Stats
- Dallas is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- Dallas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Dallas’s last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Dallas’s last 8 games when playing Calgary
- Dallas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Calgary
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Dallas’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Calgary
- Dallas is the second highest scoring team in the league at 3.1 goals per game.
- Dallas is second in the league in power play chances at 3.5 per game.
Calgary’s Young Guns Leading The Way
Johnny Hockey is the real “Johnny”. Not that overrated scumbag in the NFL. Johnny Gaudreau is such an amazing hockey player, he is in a tight race for leading all rookies in points, with Fillip Forsberg up his rear end. But don’t worry fellow Americans, Mr. Hockey will win the race, and lead this Flames team right into the 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
And let’s not forget about Sean Monahan. The Flames, meanwhile, are averaging an NHL-best 3.45 goals this month. Jiri Hudler has a league-high 17 points in March while linemates Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan are among the leaders with 13.
But as I always have been preaching this season, Calgary needs to pick one of their netminders, and name him the starter for the remainder of the season, and going into the playoffs. And it may appear as if Kari Ramo may have taken up that role, considering the ice time he has been getting this month.
Calgary Flames Injuries
- Paul Byron F Out Indefinitely (lower body)
- Mark Giordano D Out For Season (upper body)
- Ladislav Smid D Out Indefinitely (upper body)
Calgary Flames Trends and Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Calgary’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Calgary’s last 5 games at home
- Calgary is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Calgary’s last 8 games when playing Dallas
- Calgary is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Dallas
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Calgary’s last 7 games when playing at home against Dallas
- Calgary has the third worst shots on goal in the league at 27.5 per game.
- Calgary gives up the fewest power plays in the league allowing 2.3 per game.
NHL Hockey Prediction
Considering we are 0-2 this week in free NHL picks, we are releasing this TOP RATED NHL PICK OF THE DAY FOR FREE. It’s a top rated pick of the day so be sure to play it!
With how the Flames have been consistent and staying in the playoff race, I have no choice but to back the Flames tonight, on home ice. The Kings are creeping up with two big road victories, and are not showing any signs of slowing down.
Don’t be mistaken however, this will not be an easy victory for the Flames. The Stars can score, and are very capable of lighting the Flames up. But I expect the Flames to keep this a tight game, and capitalize on Dallas’ mistakes in their own zone.
Calgary Flames -110 (risking $550 to profit $500)
Pucking Hockey is a registered trademark company. Pucking Hockey is a registered copyright company. All Rights Reserved.