Calgary Flames vs Dallas Stars NHL hockey picks and predictions from Pucking Hockey for March 30th 2015 (3/30/15)
Bounce Eat Bounce League
The Flames have been bouncing between the Pacific division and the wild card spot with the LA Kings and seem to be their only threat. However, now the Dallas Stars are only 6 points out of a wild card position. Make that 3 teams they are fighting with, and tonight is a BIG game for both squads.
This game in my opinion will keep the Stars in or out of the playoffs, and the Flames have that chance to stick the dagger in them, as long as they finish on a winning note. If the Stars win, things will start to get complicated for the Flames.
As I always preach, the Flames goaltending is their weakest link. If the Flames stick with Hiller, he brings a 3-1-1 record and 2.13 GAA in his last six games. Against Dallas, he’s just 1-10-0 with a 3.01 GAA in his last 12. Karri Ramo suffered the shootout loss to the Stars last week and is 0-1-1 with a 4.25 GAA in three career games in the series.
Calgary Flames Trends and Stats
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Calgary’s last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Calgary’s last 9 games when playing Dallas
- Calgary is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Dallas
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Calgary’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Dallas
- Calgary is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Dallas
Moving On Up The Ladder
Just last week the Dallas Stars appeared to be out of the 2015 playoffs, now here they are just 6 points out of a wild card position. Most likely the only spot they can grab considering they are 12 points out of their division.
The Stars are 10-3-0 since a six-game skid through a major kink into their postseason aspirations, and with 84 points they’re chasing Winnipeg’s 90 for the final Western Conference wild-card spot. They are also battling with the LA Kings and Calgary Flames as they continue to bounce in and out of their division.
In goal, Kari Lehtonen figures to go for a career-best 35th win. The Dallas starter is 9-2-0 with a 2.30 goals-against average in 12 games this month. With the Stars, he’s 4-0-2 with a 1.94 GAA in home games against Calgary.
Dallas Stars Trends and Stats
- Dallas is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Dallas’s last 6 games at home
- Dallas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Dallas’s last 9 games when playing Calgary
- Dallas is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Calgary
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas’s last 5 games when playing at home against Calgary
- Dallas is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Calgary
NHL Starting Goalies
Calgary Flames – Jonas Hiller
Hiller made 27 saves on 29 shots in the Flames win over the Predators last night. The win was his first since March 13th and 22nd on the season. He comes into tonight with a 3-1-1 record, 2.13 GAA and .927 SV% in March. He will be in tough tonight against a Dallas team who have won eight of their last 10.
Dallas Stars – Kari Lehtonen
Lehtonen allowed three goals on 36 shots in the Stars OT win over the Canucks on Saturday. He has won five of his last six starts while posting a 2.28 GAA and .927 SV%. Tonight he will face a Stars team he is 2-0-0 with a 1.92 GAA and .929 SV% against this season.
NHL Hockey Pick and Prediction
This is a big game for both teams and considering they aren’t too defensive I am expecting a high scoring game tonight. Having Hiller in a back to back situation makes the value of this prediction that much more enticing.
OVER 5.5 ($500) TOP NHL PICK OF THE DAY
Pucking Hockey is a registered trademark company. Pucking Hockey is a registered copyright company. All Rights Reserved.