LA Kings vs New York Islanders Pick and Predictions from Pucking Hockey for Thursday March 26th 2015.
LA Kings Staying Alive
On a crucial road trip, the Kings have won the first 2. They are still alive in the playoff race but as we already know, this road trip will make or break their hopes. The Kings have shown us hockey fans, that when their backs are against the wall, they fight and fight hard.
Sutter actually prefers his team to be the 8th seed and keeping the media away from the team. Something I bet he’s doing during this road trip.
The Kings are just 1 point out of their division and 2 points out of the wild car spot.
Jonathan Quick has been a big boost for this LA team. A 15-5-2 stretch with Quick looking more like the goaltender that led them to two Stanley Cups in three years. He’s 15-4-2 with a 1.74 goals-against average and three shutouts in his last 21 games after going 1-6-3 with a 3.38 GAA over his previous 11.
LA Kings Trends and Stats
- Los Angeles is 15-7 SU in its last 22 games
- Los Angeles is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Los Angeles’s last 5 games when playing NY Islanders
- Los Angeles is 8-3 SU in their last 11 games when playing NY Islanders
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Los Angeles’s last 10 games when playing on the road against NY Islanders
- Los Angeles is 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Islanders
- Los Angeles has the best shots against in the league allowing 27.1 per game.
Islanders Offensive Woes
Islanders not being able to score? That’s something I haven’t heard once this season, until now, and not at a good time. The Islanders need to find a way to start scoring again, otherwise they will be out in the first round of the playoffs.
They may at least may have John Tavares going again. New York’s captain ended a five-game goal drought with his 34th of the season, but he has only four assists to show for eight career games against the Kings.
Kyle Okposo has been worse with just two assists in eight vs Los Angeles.
New York Islanders Trends and Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the NY Islanders last 5 games
- NY Islanders are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the NY Islanders last 6 games at home
- NY Islanders are 0-5 SU in their last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the NY Islanders last 5 games when playing Los Angeles
- NY Islanders are 3-8-1 SU in their last 12 games ,when playing Los Angeles
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of the NY Islanders last 10 games when playing at home against Los Angeles
- NY Islanders are 2-6-1 SU in their last 9 games ,when playing at home against Los Angeles
- New York is third highest scoring team in the league at 3.1 goals per game
- New York has the second best shots on goal at 33.8 per game.
NHL Starting Goalies
LA Kings -> Jonathan Quick
New York Islanders -> Jaroslav Halak
NHL Hockey Prediction
The Kings are being the Kings again, and they have what it takes when they are up against the wall. The Islanders can’t seem to score and going up against the Kings defense and Jonathan Quick, it won’t get much better for the Islanders.
Jaroslav Halak has a 3.23 GAA in his last six games against the Kings, but has yet to face them with New York.
LA Kings -110 (risking $550 to profit $500)
Pucking Hockey is a registered trademark company. Pucking Hockey is a registered copyright company. All Rights Reserved.