A Guide for Washington Capitals Fans
- Get eliminated in the second round of the playoffs to a lower-seeded team, usually the New York Rangers or Pittsburgh Penguins in 6 or 7 games.
- Offseason Depression
- Team signs new players regaining hope by the start of the next NHL season.
- Enjoys successful season, peaks in December or January.
- Signs “depth” defenseman at the trade deadline. “This is our year.”
Remember, you say that every year then say “No, this really IS our year!”. (cite evidence: new coach, deeper roster, better defense, etc.)
- End season winning division/President’s Trophy, be predicted by every sports website to win the Stanley Cup (see previous step)
- Win first round in more games than it should take
Rinse and repeat
I don’t care who you are, that’s some funny stuff right there. However, I expect to write additional information after this series with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
It doesn’t matter what stats, strategy, etc. is set in stone. What is important now for the Capitals, for the first time in many many years, is the confidence they have right now. They finally have the momentum and confidence entering this series. It took six games to knock off the Leafs, and after going down in the series 2-1, Washington went on to win the next three games while goaltender Braden Holtby stopped 61 of the next 63 shots.
Washington Capitals 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs Second Round Prediction
I do not like Pittsburgh’s chances in this one, and this comes from someone who always expects the Capitals to choke. Pittsburgh managed to get through the season severely banged up and it’s finally going to show throughout this series. No Murray, Letang and Hagelin? Yeah, give be the Capitals in 6 games advancing to the Eastern Conference Finals where they will meet the Ottawa Senators.
PS – Shattenkirk still blows, and will probably allow the Penguins to undress him sending him into the minus department on several occasions.
- Washington Capitals in 6 games
Pucking Hockey is a registered trademark company. Pucking Hockey is a registered copyright company. All Rights Reserved.