Darcy Regier loves him some goons, like Joanie loves Chachi and Gollum loves his Precioussssss. So where will he turn with Patrick Kaleta and John Scott suspended? If I was the agent for Brandon Meriweather or Seann William Scott, I’d keep my phone handy.
Turns out though, the Sabres finally made a decent trade. They completely robbed Garth Snow and the New York Islanders Sunday night when they traded “top dog” Thomas Vanek for Matt Moulson and a 1st round draft pick in 2014 and 2nd round draft pick in 2015.
At least they found a way to win at something finally this season. Regardless though, this trade won’t make an impact on the team this season. In fact, their goon-ish ways will continue.
- hilariously uncompetitive
- horrifyingly out of touch with the modern game, more so with each day and each goon suspension that passes.
But coach Ron Rolston doesn’t give a flip, after all he’s the guy that sent Scott out there down two goals in the third period – Scott has one (1) goal in his CAREER, that’s your strategy to even the score?!?!? Mike Milbury thinks Rolston should be fired for that move – for a dude who went thug-life on a 12-year-old thinks you’re out of line, you have to take a serious look at the situation.
On one level you have to hand it to the Sabres – no hockey team, no professional sports organization in fact, is better at making the Vegas touts scramble to invent wackier prop bets:
- Sabres finish season with more: Points (+105) or Player Games Suspended (-150)
- Instances for 2013-14 season Patrick Kaleta needs his parking validated at Shanny’s office: Over 78.5 (-120) or Under 78.5 (-110)
- To keep his job after such a clusterfraggle of a tenure, Darcy Regier must have: Pictures of Terry Pegula in a Tijuana Donkey Show (-105) or Made a Pact with the Devil (-115).
The Buffalo Sabres are who we think they are: a lousy team with a dent in its organizational skull, unlovable losers who would be laughable if they weren’t such a danger to everyone else on the ice. “Addition by Subtraction” should be their motto moving forward: losing negatives Kaleta, Scott, Ott, Regier and Rolston is the most positive move they could make.
Pucking Hockey is a registered trademark company. Pucking Hockey is a registered copyright company. All Rights Reserved.