San Jose Sharks vs Ottawa Senators free NHL hockey pick and prediction from Pucking Hockey for Monday, March 23rd 2015. Who will win tonight?
The Stick Has Not Been Removed
Their logo says it all, the shark biting down on a hockey stick, and we all know where the middle of the stick is going. Right down the Sharks throats. Maybe Boston knew what they were doing when they traded Joe Thornton years back?
Joe Thornton is a great player, unfortunately he plays for a team that will most likely never win the Stanley Cup. I personally believe the problem is the goaltending, defense and coaching style.
They play too loose on the backend and Antti Niemi is not consistent enough for today’s NHL. In today’s game you need consistently in net, with a well established forecheck. The Sharks have neither.
- Mike Brown F Out Indefinitely (lower body)
- Raffi Torres F Out Indefinitely (knee)
Trends and Stats
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Jose’s last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of San Jose’s last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of San Jose’s last 9 games when playing Ottawa
- San Jose is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games when playing Ottawa
- San Jose is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Ottawa
Hot Teams Have Deep Playoff Runs
Mark my words. The Ottawa Senators will make it to the Eastern Conference finals, but ultimately lose to the New York Rangers, as New York will win the 2015 Stanley Cup.
I sound like a broken record but Andrew Hammond has brought this team to life, although his past two games he has come back to earth. He needs to bounce back tonight otherwise, the Senators will slip with him.
However this guy does not pucking lose.
Hammond allowed three goals on 25 shots in the Senators 5-3 win over the Maple Leafs on Saturday. He has gone 13-0-1 with a 1.65 GAA and .947 SV% since being recalled.
Take a seat Craig Anderson because Hammond just stole the net from you.
Michalek left in the first period after he took a shot to the head and did not return. The winger, seventh on the team with 34 points, is unlikely to play Monday. This is a huge loss and going to play a factor in tonight’s game.
- Craig Anderson G Out Indefinitely (hand)
- Robin Lehner G Out Indefinitely (head)
- Clarke MacArthur F Out Indefinitely (head)
- Milan Michalek F Day-to-Day (upper body)
- Chris Neil F Out Indefinitely (hand)
- Matt Puempel F Out Indefinitely (lower body)
- Zack Smith F Out Indefinitely (wrist)
Trends and Stats
- Ottawa is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Ottawa is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Ottawa’s last 9 games when playing San Jose
- Ottawa is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing San Jose
- Ottawa is 2-5-4 SU in its last 11 games ,when playing at home against San Jose
Free NHL Hockey Pick and Prediction
The loss of Michalek will play a role in tonight’s game. The Sharks are 4-1 in Ottawa but this was before Hammond. In my opinion, Hammond has not been the Hammond we first knew, lately. He has looked off, and I believe he his slowly coming back to earth.
The Senators should be easily a -180 home favorite tonight considering how hot they have been and how bad the Sharks have been. The odds don’t seem right to me, seems like a trap to lay the -145 chalk on the Sens.
The value is in the Sharks end of the ice and here at Pucking Hockey we are taking a shot with them tonight.
San Jose Sharks (risking $100 to win $122) Odds are set at +122
Pucking Hockey is a registered trademark company. Pucking Hockey is a registered copyright company. All Rights Reserved.