Texas Rangers vs New York Yankees Prediction 6-29-16
Nick Martinez Rangers Starting Pitcher
Martinez comes into this game with a typical pitch count of 93.6 and in his last outing he lasted six innings. Martinez faced 22 batters while throwing 91 pitches. He allowed four runs off of six hits, along with two home runs allowed.
With a very high earned run average of 6.10 Martinez is expected to have a 5.21 earned run average tonight according to the stats I have compiled. His walks and hits per inning pitched is also very high at 1.65
Offensively the Rangers tend to get on base and then fall apart while on base. They have an on base percentage of .417 and a lousy batting average on balls in play of just .286
Texas Rangers Bullpen Use
- 1 day: 2 pitchers, 31 pitches, 6 outs
- 3 days: 6 pitchers, 156 pitches, 27 outs
- 5 days: 7 pitchers, 314 pitches, 50 outs
Texas Rangers Recent Pitcher Use
- Cole Hamels: 7.0 IP, 86 pitches, 0 ER, 6 H
- Jake Diekman: 1.0 IP, 14 pitches, 1 ER, 1 H
- Shawn Tolleson: 1.0 IP, 17 pitches, 0 ER, 1 H
Masahiro Tanaka Yankees Starting Pitcher
Tanaka at the age of 27 has a typical pitch count of 96.9 and in his recent appearance he lasted 6 innings collecting the win, 5-3. He threw 95 pitches facing 24 batters. He allowed the only three runs in the game off of seven hits.
Tanaka has an average earned run average to date of 3.04 and a pretty low walks and hits per inning pitched of 1.05 His expected ERA tonight is a 2.90 with the stats I have compiled.
Offensively the Yankees are pretty steady. They do not fluctuate, they possess consistency. They have an on base percentage of .268 which is average and a batting average on balls in play of .266 which is also average. As a team they are .337 in the slugging department.
New York Yankees Bullpen Use
- 1 day: 2 pitchers, 24 pitches, 6 outs
- 3 days: 8 pitchers, 153 pitches, 27 outs
- 5 days: 8 pitchers, 220 pitches, 45 outs
New York Yankees Recent Pitcher Use
- CC Sabathia: 7.0 IP, 102 pitches, 6 ER, 8 H
- Anthony Swarzak: 1.0 IP, 15 pitches, 1 ER, 3 H
- Conor Mullee: 1.0 IP, 9 pitches, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB
Texas Rangers vs New York Yankees Prediction 6/29/16
This pick will become available by 4:00 pm est (if official) Be sure to sign up for a free two-day trial. We do not sell email addresses here at Pucking Hockey’s MLB Picks nor spam you.
Also do not forget to leave your opinion on this game after the sign up form below, in the comment box 🙂
Pucking Hockey is a registered trademark company. Pucking Hockey is a registered copyright company. All Rights Reserved.